Question

Excessive moderation

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I replied to 3 topics this morning over 2 hours. The first 2 are held awaiting moderation but are yet to "approved".

I note from comments in a thread on the Announcements section that others are having this issue.

Why is this getting much worse and why aren't you or InSided telling us when you make these Draconian changes?

Do you not realise you irritating it is?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
SONOS - PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF DECENCY - IF YOU MODERATE A POST DO NOT SEND ME AN E-MAIL SAYING THERE IS A REPLY WHEN CLEARLY THERE ISN'T!

Yeah... This ^ :8
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
SONOS - PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF DECENCY - IF YOU MODERATE A POST DO NOT SEND ME AN E-MAIL SAYING THERE IS A REPLY WHEN CLEARLY THERE ISN'T!

...... and this post - just the single line above - was filtered for review 😃 this is ... kinda .. getting funny... but the E-Mail thing is a huge drag.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

...... and this post - just the single line above - was filtered for review 😃 this is ... kinda .. getting funny... but the E-Mail thing is a huge drag.

The email is triggered by the post, but the moderation takes place afterwords. I know it's a bit clunky.

We've been talking with InSided about ways to improve the filter. It's supposed to be learning as it goes, and each time something is pulled out, it learns, along with when things go into it and are left there.

Hopefully it gets a bit less aggressive on the false positives. It's been brought up before but the filter is only at the post level, so it doesn't take into account who posts. This might be something to see for the future sometime. I'm hoping it is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
To be honest I'm not necessarily bothered that some of my posts get moderated.
To say the subscribed e-mail alert Vs a post held in a moderating is NOT clunky. It's a poor piece of programming and I'm not going to insult the developers by stating it's an easy fix but I would like it fixing.
I posted a question asking if there are forum terms of service over 12 hours ago. That post was sent for moderation and has now disappeared. What is happening here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I posted a question asking if there are forum terms of service over 12 hours ago. That post was sent for moderation and has now disappeared. What is happening here?

Hey Peter, I see it showing up now, must have gotten missed. Our apologies.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
i was wondering.. i answered a question and got the 'moderation' message, i figured it was spam filters. isn't there some way you can flag your regular contributors like Stuart as safe or something?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
This is the message I just tried to post:

So many ideas. So little information to go on.
Tell us the story of your system set-up, all of it, and any error messages you get

It went into the moderation queue!