Answered

Equipment Request - New Design - Hybrid - Sonos w/ hardwired speakers

• 27 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I am hopeful you can help with figuring out what products I need to pull off my design. Here goes….

I am beginning a backyard project where I am looking to have a mix of wired outdoor speakers and Sonos. First area is a swim spa where I will be mounting 4 speakers onto the pergola. Next, I am having a fireplace built where I am looking to mount a tv and a sound-bar. About 20’ from there I will have a bar where I want to have some speakers that can listen to what is on TV or something different. Next, I am having a fire pit built where I will have speakers there too that can also listen to the tv or something different. Lastly, I have speakers on my front porch and under another porch that I would like to have included as additional zones.

With the above said, what kind of Sonos devices do I need? I’m looking to have all the speaker wires run back to a central location for ease of management.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 November 2021, 05:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Swim Spa - Sonos Architectural Outdoor speakers (4) powered by a Sonos Amp (1)

Fireplace with TV - Sonos Arc or Sonos Beam (Gen 2) - NOTE: These are not rated for outdoor use.

Bar - Sonos Architectural Outdoor speakers (2) powered by a Sonos Amp (1)

Fire Pit - Sonance outdoor speakers (or similar) powered by a Sonos Amp (1) OR a couple of Sonos Moves (portable)

Front Porch - Sonos Amp (1)

Other Porch - Sonos Amp (1)

Here is the recommended speaker wire gauge to use with the Sonos Amp:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4764?language=en_US

Hi. Quick question, if I choose to use different speakers for my swim spa, how to I connect 4 speakers to the amp?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If they are 8 Ohm speakers you just hook the second pair up just like the first pair.

4 Ohm ones will need an impedance matching unit.

Stanley,

From the pics it looks like there is only enough for 1pair of hardwired speakers. What am I missing?

thanks,

Rich

Userlevel 7

Stanley,

From the pics it looks like there is only enough for 1pair of hardwired speakers. What am I missing?

thanks,

Rich

You wire the four speakers to the Amp in parallel like this:

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4730?language=en_US