Enhancement Request: Larger album and channel art in android landscape view

• 9 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, why such a small media image on the landscape view of the controller still?  See attached.  Wondering if there is an enhancement on the horizon to improve this?  I would prefer this media image to be 25% of this screen.  As it is, it adds very little to the display.  Do you agree?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hopeless isn't it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What size is the image being delivered by the streaming service? I see slightly larger ones when streaming from Amazon or my local library.

It would be nice to see a much larger image (if available from the music source) shown. Maybe add a view, similar to when the Queue is open with the controls pushed to the side, the small image above the controls removed and a large image shown in the new sidebar? Suggestion below.

Even restore an option I seem to recall from the CR-100 where you could tap the image and it would pop-up full screen?

f

Album Art one side (50%), auto-scrolling (synchronised) song Lyrics the other (50%) ...and playback controls below those two, just large enough for ‘sausage-finger’ manipulation and I would then be quite happy.😁

The design of the Sonos android controller was pulled into line with small screens like mobile phones a number of years ago now - IIRC, 4.x was the last full featured display that worked well on larger tablets - it looked very similar to the current PC display and (IMHO) made much better use of the screen real estate. I bought a 10” tablet as a Sonos controller, but shortly after they moved to 5.x, which looked silly on such a large screen.

Personally, I doubt that they’ll change it, but wish you the best of luck ;-)