End of Software Updates for Legacy Products - Another Unhappy Customer

• 24 January 2020
  • 3 replies

This week I received an email from SONOS informing me that two of my products are shortly to become legacy, will no longer receive updates and will probably stop working. Worse still, if I don’t spend money replacing them my newer products will stop working! To say I am furious is an understatement. Sorry Sonos, you need to do better! You didn’t tell me you would brick my products when I purchased them. I work in the software industry and know that Sonos could easily maintain support for these products if they could be bothered. This is just a greedy financial decision by Sonos.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I think you have been misinformed about the current situation, try here.

https://blog.sonos.com/en/a-letter-from-our-ceo/

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think you have been misinformed about the current situation, try here.

https://blog.sonos.com/en/a-letter-from-our-ceo/

I think you’re missing the point.

We were all misinformed as Sonos decided to launch a half-cocked plan with no detail and no transparency. In fact the only thing they seem to have invested time in to is the Trade Up Plan and the mechanism to willingly brick/recycle something.

“We’ll have some detail on things in May” that just doesn’t work for anybody.

This week I received an email from SONOS informing me that two of my products are shortly to become legacy, will no longer receive updates and will probably stop working. Worse still, if I don’t spend money replacing them my newer products will stop working! To say I am furious is an understatement. Sorry Sonos, you need to do better! You didn’t tell me you would brick my products when I purchased them. I work in the software industry and know that Sonos could easily maintain support for these products if they could be bothered. This is just a greedy financial decision by Sonos.

I have gradually expended my sonos system..just recently purchased a separate home cinema system. This update will cost me almost £500 to sort out with new components for my home audio. I will not be doing that. ...its a rip off .Goodbye Sonos