Enable the Sonos Amp and Connect:Amp sub outputs for Music!

• 1 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
In my Media Room, I just swapped out my Connect:Amp for an Amp. The most disappointing thing on both setups is that when configured as part of a surround system, the sub output is disabled. While I'm generally ok with this for the TV setup....When listening to music in "Full" mode - why disable the sub output?

This is more of a problem for me, since my Media room configuration started with just a Connect:Amp driving speakers + a sub. Now I've added a Beam...Which has effective rendering my sub useless if I want to use the original speakers as surrounds (which was my intent). The work-around for this is to constantly remove the surround setup when listening to music which is a horrible solution.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
To be clear, are you describing a configuration where the AMP is driving the surround (rear) speakers, or the front speakers?
Userlevel 1
Rear speakers. My setup has the AMP driving the rear speakers + a sub. While it's disappointing that Sub isn't available when watching TV....At a minimum, the system should allow the sub to be enabled when listening to music in FULL mode.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings