Edit post appears in tiny slit

• 16 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
When I take advantage of the edit facility - Usually as a result of my poor spelling I note that the post opens in a post-box type slit which is the same height as the Reply box - but the reply box has a facility that it's height gets bigger as you make the post.
But when you edit, as in this example, you only see 2 lines of your post - In this case my reply has 20 odd lines. It is actually quite tricky to edit.

This is IE 11 on a Windows 8 laptop

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

What browser? On Chrome the edit control (which as you say is infuriatingly not auto-sized) has a re-sizing handle bottom right which can be pulled down to expand the box.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Internet Explorer 11 ratty
Hmm. Never use it myself.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Stuart, I also have the same problem with Internet Explorer 11. I'll pass this along to Insided.
I've got the same issue on Chrome 64 bit on a Mac. And yes, my typing skills appear to be worse than Stuart_W's......but I do see the 'resize' bit that ratty is talking about. But perhaps setting the default first position to slightly more than 2 lines might be useful.
No trouble resizing the box using Safari on a Mac.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No trouble resizing the box using Safari on a Mac.

Not for me. Edit a post in Safari on Mac (Sierra 10.12.3) and the same thing happens - what do you mean re-size?

Edit: Thanks jgatie. Yes that does work. But it does start at the post box slit size

Not for me. Edit a post in Safari on Mac (Sierra 10.12.3) and the same thing happens - what do you mean re-size?

On the lower right corner of the box is two little diagonal lines. This is a resizing box. Grab it with the mouse and drag down.