Answered

Do we need to return upgraded speakers?

• 23 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I just completed upgrading my Sonos 5 system from Gen 1 to Gen 2 and thought I would need to return the old speakers, but the rep tells me I can keep them.  So why does the upgrade section ask me to print a return label?  Not sure they told me the truth.  Does anyone know for sure??  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 23 September 2022, 18:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

There is no requirement to return any upgraded speaker.

The return label is optional for those that wish to recycle the old speaker and send back to Sonos.

ps, you didn’t get the Gen 2 version, it will be the new Five. The Five replaced the previous Play:5 (Gen2) which replaced the Play:5 (Gen1)

It is suggested that you recycle the speakers. If there is no local option to do this, you can use the label. Local recycling is environmentally more efficient.

Of course the speakers still function and could be used as a separate S1 system or sold. If you sell then you should make it clear that the upgrade credit has been used.