Do they have to put ads / suggestions over top the entire app? PLEASE STOP!

• 17 November 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

It is very distracting and annoying… I do not mind if they put something in the “Inbox” with the little Blue Dot beside it to let you know you have something to read but really.. this big crap on top of the app that you use to control you home music has to stop.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

It might be possible to think of something worse that could be done to a speaker system, without a need to compare it with a serious medical condition.

OMG. Are you just here to argue?

It might be possible to think of something worse that could be done to a speaker system, without a need to compare it with a serious medical condition.

These ads are a terrible, terrible, thing to do to users.

If you think this is ‘terrible, terrible’, I hope nothing serious ever happens to you.

Not trying to defend it, though.  It shouldn’t happen if you don’t want it to.  I never get them but I have no explanation of why you do.

In the context of a home speaker system, yes, it’s terrible.

If you want to say it’s not terrible, compared to, say, cancer? Well… duh. But this is a set of speakers we’re talking about here, right?

I think “annoying” would be a proper term, in the context of a home speaker system.  Terrible would be something that makes the product completely unusable, like lip sync issues, drop outs, no access to streaming services, etc.  I mean, if ads, are double terrible, where do you go from there?

To be clear, I do think you should be able to completely turn off ads.  If you don’t want to hear about the latest Sonos radio stations, you should be able to.

If you think this is ‘terrible, terrible’, I hope nothing serious ever happens to you.

Not trying to defend it, though.  It shouldn’t happen if you don’t want it to.  I never get them but I have no explanation of why you do.

In the context of a home speaker system, yes, it’s terrible.

If you want to say it’s not terrible, compared to, say, cancer? Well… duh. But this is a set of speakers we’re talking about here, right?

Ok, I turned off the Sonos App Contacts Option and found the setting for no more Pop-Ups… which I will have to do on all my devices. Thank you for the helpful hints… lets see how they work…

Those settings do nothing. “Allow pop-up messages” is off. The “contact in-app” setting on my profile is off. I still get the ads.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

So even with with Allow Pop-up Messages off I am still getting these.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

lets see how they work…

As advertised, most likely.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Ok, I turned off the Sonos App Contacts Option and found the setting for no more Pop-Ups… which I will have to do on all my devices. Thank you for the helpful hints… lets see how they work…

Do you have "allow pop-up messages " disabled in the app preferences?  If not, that might help.....

You maybe aware already, but just in case, you can switch-off contact via the App and just leave it via email if you prefer. The options are available in your Sonos online account profile.