Answered

did you just delete my post? (topic: Petition - extended life support)

• 22 January 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Did my post on this community feedback forum violate community standards? It seems to have disappeared. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Tobias

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 22 January 2020, 23:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, Tobias. It may have been merged with the main topic, as all conversations surrounding this issue have been placed in one depository. I will look through that thread shortly and separate it, if so. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Edward - any success?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I found it and moved it here: https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/community-feedback-and-suggestions-6836044

Let me know if you’d like to change the title, I can fix that for you.

Userlevel 1

Did my post on this community feedback forum violate community standards? It seems to have disappeared. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Tobias

My post has gone as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi ArtAngel, your post was moved to the main thread on the discussion. It’s located here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I found it and moved it here: https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/community-feedback-and-suggestions-6836044

Let me know if you’d like to change the title, I can fix that for you.

Thank you for recovering my post. Could you please re-name the subject to: “Petition: offer extended life subscription for older products“?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ve done that for you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

They have just deleted my post….unbelievable 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @OCTO, I responded to your other thread too, but no posts of yours have been deleted. We are not and will not delete posts that don’t break the terms and conditions of the community. The post you’re looking for was moved to the main discussion topic for the issue you were posting on. It’s important to keep the discussion all in one place so that everyone can get the same information.

Please see  here: https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/end-of-software-support-clarifications-6835969/index48.html#post16396584

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Ryan...I can see why you guys have done this….to minimise exposure, and roll all these ‘negative’ posts into one thread...clever. It’s clear to see that if SONOS don’t do something drastic here (offer 70% discount to upgrade for instance) to rescue this situation there will be no SONOS in 12 months….as word will spread fast. Instead of everyone recommending Sonos to their friends, they will be doing the polar opposite. 

Hi Ryan...I can see why you guys have done this….to minimise exposure, and roll all these ‘negative’ posts into one thread...clever. It’s clear to see that if SONOS don’t do something drastic here (offer 70% discount to upgrade for instance) to rescue this situation there will be no SONOS in 12 months….as word will spread fast. Instead of everyone recommending Sonos to their friends, they will be doing the polar opposite. 

Which is the exact same reason you are posting it in multiple threads, to maximize exposure.  The difference is, you don’t own the website. 

Hi Ryan...I can see why you guys have done this….to minimise exposure, and roll all these ‘negative’ posts into one thread...clever.

Actually the main purpose of the forums is for the support of customers.  Users helping users out with recommendations and advice.  It becomes very difficult to do that when the majority of threads are communicating anger/frustration about the change, since questions about other topics get buried.  Even if you have questions about the Legacy change itself, it’s very difficult to find answers since they are spread out all over the place.  Merging topics is an attempt to make the topic more usable.

As far as exposure, I guess it’s a matter of opinion, but the large post count in the ‘main’ threads does  a good job of giving people an idea of how frustrated many people are.