Delivery had been attempted but that it was not at my address

Badge

I bought a pair of Sonos Five and they were shipped with DHL. I waited all morning for the carrier without hearing the doorbell or a call. Suddenly I received an email and a sms saying that delivery had been attempted but that it was not at my address. My shipping address was missing the letter of the apartment. On my purchase receipt, and the DHL receipt, the letter doesn’t appear. Those kind of details that people who do things wrong don't care about, make customers lose whole days. I like Sonos, but there is a difference between the brand image they convey, and the price, and a ton of setbacks and heartaches they bury their customers with. Now I'm worried about whether the changes Apple is going to make to Airplay 2 will carry over to existing Sonos products, or force the purchase of a new generation of speakers. When your business is not selling products to new customers but selling only to those who have already bought some from you, the business closes early. And if they don't even know how to put the address correctly on the products they buy from you then things will certainly not go well even in the most basic way.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I bought a pair of Sonos Five and they were shipped with DHL. I waited all morning for the carrier without hearing the doorbell or a call. Suddenly I received an email and a sms saying that delivery had been attempted but that it was not at my address. My shipping address was missing the letter of the apartment. On my purchase receipt, and the DHL receipt, the letter doesn’t appear.

On the purchase receipt, are you talking about an email you received from Sonos or the order details on the Sonos website.  Are you sure that the missing letter is a mistake on Sonos part and not your own when you entered the address?  If there is an issue on Sonos side, you should bring up the issue with Sonos sales.

Those kind of details that people who do things wrong don't care about, make customers lose whole days. I like Sonos, but there is a difference between the brand image they convey, and the price, and a ton of setbacks and heartaches they bury their customers with. Now I'm worried about whether the changes Apple is going to make to Airplay 2 will carry over to existing Sonos products, or force the purchase of a new generation of speakers.

I don’t see how a potential issue in Sonos shipping department (if it is there fault) would trigger you to be concerned about Sonos development.  Besides, Sonos has always enabled features like this if the speakers have the hardware to accommodate.  If the new Airplay 2 requires hardware that the Five doesn’t have (and probably just about every other smart speaker out there) then not much Sonos can do about that.  I would also guess that if that the case, Apple would have to add backwards compatibility.

When your business is not selling products to new customers but selling only to those who have already bought some from you, the business closes early. And if they don't even know how to put the address correctly on the products they buy from you then things will certainly not go well even in the most basic way.

I have no idea what you’re talking about in the first sentence.  And sure, if Sonos can’t handle shipping, they will go out of business.  But there is no indication this is a big problem with Sonos, nor does it look like there is any indication that Sonos is a struggling business right now.   Seems like your frustrated with the mix up in the delivery, which is understandable.  I just don’t see how you can extrapolate that into systemic problems with shipping or unrelated departments at Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

An unfortunate situation, certainly. But I’m sure this didn’t happen with any of your previous purchases or you wouldn’t have bought more Sonos products, so it seems a bit of an over-reaction?