"Customer Service"?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Wondering if anyone else gets the feeling that Sonos's "Customer Support" team has their heads up their a**es lately. Been working on a product return / replacement for weeks now. One hand of Sonos doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Customer Support can't say when anything will happen. They keep blaming delays on some recent "maintenance" on their system (like that's MY PROBLEM). They can't directly contact people in the group that actually handles returns & replacements. They can just "message them". They can't / won't provide customers with a way to interface directly with the people who really handle all this stuff. And they seem to be unfamiliar with their own process. I get different answers every time I call. It's a giant cluster f*ck.

I haven't needed support very often. Is this something new? Or has it always been this bad?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Given your choice of language I can’t see any customer service team clambering over hot coals to rush to your needs.  You can get annoyed and frustrated but there is never an excuse for such language!

My experience on the phone has been excellent btw but I’ve not encountered the same issues you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, if you had been listening to the dozen or so calls I've had with them already, you'd understand. The fact of the matter is that I'm very polite and professional on the phone. But I don't up with BS either. I ask direct questions and I expect direct answers.

Sonos "Customer Support" has totally failed in that regard. They don't understand their own Return and Replacement process and are completely unable to articulate where the logjam is.

It took more than a week to just to get an RMA to return my failed product. I shipped that back and have proof of delivery (with exact location, date, and time) from UPS. Yet they still haven't acknowledged receiving it. When I called to see what was going on, they sent me another email with return instructions …. despite the fact that I just, moments earlier, spent 30 minutes on the phone with them explaining they I had already returned the item and they had already received it. It's been nothing but a fiasco all the way though and I still have no idea when I'll receive the replacement product.

Finally, while on the phone I asked them a simple question about compatibility between two Sonos products. They didn't know the answer …. and this was "Technical Support" I was talking to.

So, I'm happy your experience with them has been "excellent". Hope you never have one like mine.

Badge

I’m having the exact same problem.  Been over a month now.  I’ve shipped them the speaker and they sent me a link to confirm my return.  When I fill out the form and hit submit I get an error.  I’ve had at least 4 calls since receiving the link.  I detail the whole thing ALL over again (every time), I get put on hold, I get escalated (with the highest priority) and I hear nothing back.

It’s to the point now that I’m scheduling my time each day for an hour call with Sonos to try and get this resolved.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, here it is Monday again. Getting ready for another week of banging my head against the wall with Sonos’s “Customer Service”. Still in search of that illusive “excellent experience” that @bockersjv claims exists.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just finished another frustrating phone call. My issue has been "escalated". But still absolutely no information on how long it will take to resolve. "Customer Support" department remains useless. Certainly not at the “excellent experience” level yet.

I’m having exactly the same experience.  Sent in my dead Play:1 for them to verify it’s dead for an alleged 30% coupon to BUY something else.   Received ship label, sent in, confirmed delivery to Sonos less than 48 hours later.  Now no one seems to know what the next steps are and they require that I supply ALL information (including shipment tracking for the label THEY supplied!) to research, ‘escalate’ then fall back into oblivion.    

@Sonos .  WTF IS GOING ON?!?  This is absolutely asinine!

JoeM

I agree. Support team has no visibility to returns. Every time I connect with them I get the same question - do you still have the amp. Each time I have to tell them the exact date and time they received it having used  their shipping label.  Then they cannot give an update but promise to escalate the issue. I feel sorry for the people who have to do the chats or take the calls. Sonos has no way to find out what has happened to gear you have sent back. It’s a sad comment on their support and I will probably get rid of what I have instead of buying more as I planned if this is what happens when you send expensive gear to them and they have no clue as to where it is or what the status of the request may be.

And the bs about emailing the ceo ( not that I expected he ever reads any of the emails ) is an even bigger joke  The reply was from their eCommerce team who obviously couldn’t even bother to read my email since they said contact technical support when the issue I raised was the fact their technical support team cannot provide any answers because they can’t get anything from the return team  

Good products that will suffer because of a terrible customer experience after the sale  

Did anyone get their issue resolved? I’m in the same boat and it’s like I’m talking to a wall with Sonos customer support. They keep saying they’ll get back to me, but they never do. I just want to know what to expect with wait time before I finally get a coupon.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So, just a quick update on my saga with the Clowns of Sonos Support. Still no product received …. still no date on when product will ship.