Question

Customer Service

• 31 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I received our ARC recently from a Best Buy online purchase and discovered the power cord was loose -- not remaining in its slot and so the device would not remain powered during the set up. Two days later (because we received it on a Saturday) I called Sonos support and was told to take a video of the cord jiggling to verify my story. I did so while on the phone and the Sonos employee told me a new cord would be mailed to me after my case was referred to the returns department. I was told to expect an e-mail from this department that would ask me to confirm my home address, and that this e-mail would give me the option of PAYING MORE to have this cord shipped faster.

Three days later, no e-mail. I called support and was told the employee I spoke to neglected to forward my case to the returns department and so I must wait another 1-2 days for the shipping e-mail; and that (once I confirm my address) the cord would likely arrive in 2 weeks. I was told an expedited solution was NOT available.

This morning, I was browsing on the Sonos website and discovered the very cable I need is offered FOR SALE. All of my aggravation could have been avoided had I (instead of raising an issue) asked to buy new equipment and paid Sonos more money for a part I should already have, and then kicked in extra to have it shipped ASAP. The support personnel did not tell me I had this option.

Best Buy also sells the cables, so I bought one from them and expect it in 3 days. Maybe by then I’ll receive an e-mail from Sonos asking me to confirm my address.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JRB in IL.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and I know how frustrating it is to have that kind of hassle in your end.
Rest assured it will never happen to you again.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Will Sonos reimburse me the cost I paid to Best Buy to replace the faulty cord, plus the shipping cost?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JRB in IL.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I’m afraid Sonos cannot do such a thing since its a third-party store. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.