cr200

• 12 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Just a little light hearted banter

cr200 What a great piece of kit. Why's it not on the list of items I own. Surely it should be in the hall of fame. I'll miss this when it finally gives up the ghost 👻 or Sonos finally pull the plug on it. As I'm sure they will.🔌

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I agree - and I hope that Sonos keep it supported for as long as possible.

But, having said that… I now control my system from two Lenovo 10” Android tablets. You get about 10 times the screen area and everything is a lot bigger and easier to read than on a CR200. Each of the Lenovo tablets sits on a charging base, just like the CR200 does, so there’s no difficulty keeping them charged up.

And… each tablet costs £150 - around half the price of what a CR200 would probably be today, and they are a standard off-the-shelf product. If I drop one and break it I can get one pretty much anywhere, tomorrow.

So yes - there are pros and cons to having a controller in dedicated hardware, but I can understand why Sonos have chosen to go down the generic tablet/phone route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you have a CR-200 that isn’t on your equipment list contact Sonos and get them to add it.

As soon as it appears trade it up for a 30% discount offer. It will continue to work just fine.

Then tell your spouse you got a 30% discount deal and want to grab another Sonos while you can. Don’t mention the trade-up discounts don’t expire though!