Community using Opera

• 17 February 2020
  • 13 replies

Wow - I’ve no idea how you managed to mess things up this time….

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@amun I don’t see that at all on my end. Clear cache and cookies and try refreshing the page. Also try another web browser.

This kind of thing tends to happen if there’s packet loss somewhere.

@amun I don’t see that at all on my end. Clear cache and cookies and try refreshing the page. Also try another web browser.

I’ve already tried other web browsers, which were OK - as was Opera until today… Yours is hte only site affected….

This kind of thing tends to happen if there’s packet loss somewhere.

I’d be surprised if that were the case...

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Have you cleared cache and cookies the tried refreshing the page?

Have you cleared cache and cookies the tried refreshing the page?

I cleared the cache and refreshed the page - no difference. I’m not clearing the cookies just to sort out your site, as it usually takes me a while to get everything working again properly, All other sites work perfectly.

I’m currently using Chrome for this access, so I’ll just look in from time to time.

So, having decided to use another browser for Sonos, as I wasn’t prepared to lose all my other logins etc, I find today that - without making any changes at all my end - Opera now works properly again on your site….

Odd that….

Just as a note, Sonos doesn’t control the forum website’s code, just the content. They use a company called inSided for the forum software, so any presentation issues would be laid at inSided’s door. 

Just as a note, Sonos doesn’t control the forum website’s code, just the content. They use a company called inSided for the forum software, so any presentation issues would be laid at inSided’s door. 

Well, yes - but as (one assumes) that Sonos pay good money for it, you’d have thought that they’d be vaguely interested in sorting it out.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

FWIW, I use Opera and haven’t had this issue at any point. It was likely a cache or cookie which has now expired and refreshed when you retried today.

True, but given past history, and wild assumptions on my part, it seems as though inSided is not terribly responsive. For instance, the ongoing search function debacle. Or the pagination issue on threads of several pages. Etc. I would hope that Sonos has someone complaining to inSided as a full time job, but as someone in the past who has managed a fair share of these types of forums, I would have given them the boot a long tome ago. Likely for breach of contract, but I’ve not actually seen the contract between the two companies, so again that’s speculation on my part. I do my best not to harangue Ryan on this, since I suspect he is a victim of someone else’s decision making as much as we are. 

FWIW, a few days ago we got a brand-new search facility. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The new search is an improvement which only means it is slightly less worse than the original.

I have communicated a lot of forum shortcomings to the Sonos folks over the years but the forum software folks just don’t seem to be able to turn suggestions into working code.

If you want to see forum software that is fully functional and offers a lot of value to the company and user community drop by the Ubiquity forums. Warning, coming back here will make you whimper a bit.