Community Manager

• 1 December 2017
  • 7 replies

What is a 'Community Manager', please? They seem to be moderating forums, but are not marked as a Sonos employee.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Hi Amun,

Thanks for asking! 🙂 I'm the Community Manager/Admin of the 4 public Sonos Forums: This one, the German, French and Dutch. That means that I'm supporting the active Sonos Employee's on these forums with finding their way around, helping you guys, and making sure that our forums are a nice place to be for everyone, both now and in the future.
Any new suggestions for the community platform itself also goes to me, and is shared with InSided.

Ryan S, who is also marked as "Community Manager", and whom you're likely to have seen pop into a variety of topics here and there, is doing moderation together with other Sonos Employees.

Biggest differentiation between a "Community Manager" and a "Sonos Employee" is that all Community Managers work directly with the forums, one way or another. Other Sonos Employees are often here to share their views on some topics, or to clarify things, but they are not necessarily active all the time.

I hope this has answered your question, amun. :)

Best,
Ditte
making sure that our forums are a nice place to be for everyone
So let me ask with the reference to the quoted: are you one of those with the direct responsibility to make sure that every thread that asks a question or requests help, that isn't responded to by anyone for say a couple of days, will get a Sonos response?
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
making sure that our forums are a nice place to be for everyone
So let me ask with the reference to the quoted: are you one of those with the direct responsibility to make sure that every thread that asks a question or requests help, that isn't responded to by anyone for say a couple of days, will get a Sonos response?

Hi Kumar,

That's what we're working towards, yes. 🙂

Best,
Ditte
Excellent and good luck with that because based on what I am seeing on various threads for over a month now, that is both a big task and is also missing at this time.
Biggest differentiation between a "Community Manager" and a "Sonos Employee" is that all Community Managers work directly with the forums, one way or another. Other Sonos Employees are often here to share their views on some topics, or to clarify things, but they are not necessarily active all the time.

So are you a Sonos employee, or an Insided employee?
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I'm a Sonos employee, amun. :)

Best,
Ditte
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'm a Sonos employee, amun. :)

Best,
Ditte

Should you not have "sonos employee" displayed under your LH logo then? like Ryan S has?