Community account glitch

• 6 May 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos community account and username already. I have used it to post things before. So one would think I could log into it. However, each time I try to log in, the site automatically redirects to the "Set username" page. Thus I cannot log in, because if I fill it out again it says the username already exists. I cannot escape this loop without creating yet another username. Even if I clear the browser cache, this persists. Perhaps it is related to a change of email address on my account a month ago, but if so, then that means my username dies every time I update my email? That just seems sloppy.

I feel like it kept asking me to fill out the username/demographic info for multiple log-ins before the email switch. But I may be remembering that wrong, because your user account on a forum for a set of speakers is not supposed to be the center of your world, it is just supposed to be something you do once and then forget about. Maybe it will stick this time, but chances are that I won't reply to this chain unless it is as yet_another_username_2.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I'd recommend that you send a direct message to one of the forum monitors, they can probably help you with the account situation. I'd try Ryan S, or Keith N, or Edward R. They're the most frequent contributors here, although there are many others as well.