Answered

Comcast Remote/Sonos Playbar Volume Issue

• 19 January 2022
  • 6 replies

I successfully paired my comcast remote to control playbar volume, but every time I raise or lower volume, I get an annoying white symbol that pops up, like the ends of a cable. Any fix for this?

icon

Best answer by lavillasean 20 January 2022, 00:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Is it the volume bar on the TV or cable box? If so, check the settings on both to see if you can set the volume bar to not be displayed.

What model TV do you have? If possible, post a photo of what you are seeing.

For what it is worth, that symbol is not being generated by Sonos, but either your TV or your cable box. 

It’s a Samsung tv. When I raise or lower volume, I get this displayed 

Userlevel 7

This might be helpful:

“I too have Samsung TVs. If the symbol you're talking about is a white circle with what looks to be two 3.5mm headphone jacks, that's the TV telling you that sound is being routed to an external device and therefore the TV will not display a volume level indicator as it has no way to know what the true level is. Once I used the procedure mentioned above to add the Sonos as a "Home Theater System" to the Universal Remote, the smart remote works just fine to control volume level and mute. I haven't figured out any way to make the TV not display the "external sound" indicator, but that's a Samsung issue and not something to blame Sonos for.”

Thanks GuitarSuperstar. This headphone Jack thing is exactly the issue. I know there’s a work around because I’ve had it on other TVs that have play bars paired to Comcast remotes and I previously found a way to eliminate it. Just can’t find it again.

For anyone who

might find this useful, I found a solution. Press and hold setup

on the Comcast remote, wait for light to change from red to green, then enter 33919. After that, my Comcast remote controls the volume on my Sonos playbar without the external audio icon showing.