Chromecast

• 29 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Sonos really need to consider allowing chromecasting on the Sonos One (Gen 2)

This is really limiting android users.

I hope this can be looked into and a software update follow.

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Zenkoz, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thank you for your detailed post outlining the issue. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Please please please add support for Chromcast!

Supporting airplay but not chromecast seems so unfair on android users like us :(

I promise I’ll buy much more of your gear if you add chromecast support :)

Please please please add support for Chromcast!

Supporting airplay but not chromecast seems so unfair on android users like us :(

I promise I’ll buy much more of your gear if you add chromecast support :)

But iOS users complain that they don't have 'on this mobile device '. May I ask which Sonos products you own?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @Sam Clegg, thanks for reaching out. We appreciate every feedback that you have for our product and services, we passed this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products and services.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

We definitely need chromecast support I just bought an arc assuming it had it with google assistant but I can't group it with my other Google assistant speakers or cast to it seems like a major missing feature 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I agree Chromecast would be a nice addition. But I’m just amazed you bought a 1.000 dollar speaker, just assuming things work as you expect them to work, seemingly without research.