Question

Can we please remove the update "Learn more" button?

• 14 November 2019
  • 0 replies

I might be the weird one here but I actually read patch notes. I find these notes to portray what the development team prioritizes and that they are actually doing changes. Without these notes it feels like the development team releases updates that don’t really change anything, as often these changes might be reliability improvements for cases that don’t affect everyone, or improvements in support of new devices, etc.

So I am disappointed whenever an update for the controller completes, it tells me that it successfully updated, and asks if I’d like to “Learn more”. Ostensibly this is where we can find out specifics of what’s been fixed and known issues, but it always just says “Performance improvements and bug fixes” or something like that.

If you’re not going to bother with proper patch notes, might I suggest removing them entirely?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.