Answered

Can't unlink a Spotify account from my Sonos

• 27 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Well, about a year ago, I used a Sonos Speaker (don’t remember which one, I remember it was white and kinda round but also tall). I used it because it was set up in a lodge I rented for a few days to go skiing. So, I set up an account and linked my Spotify to it. Well, yesterday, someone, who probably rented the same lodge as I did, connected to the Sonos speaker, and my Spotify account started playing random songs on my phone. There is absolutely no way I can get to that speaker to reset it since it’s in the lodge. I tried to go unlink devices in the Sonos App, but all of the Settings are greyed out, is there anything I can do, because I don’t want to create a new Spotify account because of this. Thanks

icon

Best answer by controlav 27 February 2021, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Change your Spotify password, then the remote speaker won’t be able to use your account any more.

That doesn't work, because the Sonos seems to be linked to my account without the need of entering any password, so it doesn’t matter if I change it or not. Btw I already tried too, didn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Looks like you can also do it from the spotify web site:

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/

I think it may work, thanks :)

It didn’t work.

It didn’t work.

Perhaps change your Sonos Account password too, aswell as signing out of all your devices in the Spotify account overview.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It didn’t work.

You need to contact Spotify then, as this is all their problem to solve.

(Changing the Sonos password will do nothing, as the other system isn’t even on your Sonos account).

It didn’t work.

You need to contact Spotify then, as this is all their problem to solve.

(Changing the Sonos password will do nothing, as the other system isn’t even on your Sonos account).

Well I think it’s Sonos’ problem, because the actual settings to unlink the device from my account are all greyed out in the Sonos app

If I could have access to those settings, it would be great

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If I could have access to those settings, it would be great

How? I thought it was someone else’s Sonos system that was using your Spotify account?