Can't play music from my iPhone & iPad library anymore

• 28 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I used to be able to play my own music from my iPhone music library but I have not been able to do so for a long time. My collection of 5 sonos speakers (multiple Play:1, Soundbar & sub) are just sitting in the rooms collecting dust while waiting for sonos to come up with a reasonable simple solution (via either an app update or a service to the app). Disappointingly, I don’t think this is going to happen after reading sonos’ responses to other users with the same problems. I will never buy any sonos product again because it’s not just a waste of money, it a bloody waste of time too!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thank you for joining the Community today to share your views on this ancient topic.

Good luck with whichever system you decide to replace Sonos with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This hasn’t been possible since august 2019. If you really want to keep playing music form an iOS-device you need Airplay. Apple made playing from an iOS-device impossible around the time they introduced Airplay 2 (not only for Sonos by the way). The only reasonable solution for the problem Apple seems to have caused is to buy a One (SL) or Ikea Symfonisk, Airplay to that and group it with your older speakers.

Yes this means you’d have to invest in an extra speaker, but it will breathe new life in to your existing speakers.