Bought the Arc based on 14.10 now with 14.14 id love to return it

• 30 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Id like to know if I can return my Sonos Arc since you decided to completely ruin the arc with your 14.12 and 14.14 updates.

the volume I normally used was 20-30 and now  i have to go to around 50-60% to get the same volume.

Bass has gotten super flat, and the overall sound profile is so terrible. I spent a thousand euro on the Arc. But I would have never bought it if I had listened to it with the 14.12 or 14.14 update, heck I would have never bought it if I was informed beforehand that you would do updates that couldn’t be rolled back….

Why is automatic updates even on per default???

I would like to receive support in getting my Arc returned. I rather get something from Bose now, Heos or samsung.

Kind regards

Mitchell

3 replies

Id like to know if I can return my Sonos Arc….

The link for the return policy is at the bottom of the page, labeled ‘Returns’.  45 days, but if you bought  your Arc from a separate retailer, you’d have to check with them.

Userlevel 1

I would agree if the situation were that I changed my mind on the product within my consumer rights.

But we’re in the situation where we buy Sonos products based on a sound we hear in a store and Sonos decides to ruin the product with updates we can’t rollback and doesn’t inform new users that automatic updates is turned on per default.

So i’m viewing this as a breach of contract so to speak. My hope with my post and this reply is that someone from Sonos will feel the frustration and we get a fix to where the Arc is back like it was during 14.10.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

With you I hope for a solution for this problem, that more users have.

But did you read the contract you agreed to when first using your Sonos devices? I would be surprised that this contract would leave room for a return based on the argument you put forward. And if you base your claim on your consumer rights, did you buy from Sonos directly, or should you claim with your retailer?