Beware!

• 21 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I have been scammed by this company. 
I purchased a Sonos Roam it was faulty so I contacted Sonos they said they would send me a brand new replacement. I sent back the faulty Sonos which has been received since I received an email that I would get my replacement within 1 to 5 business days, it’s been three weeks and I have not received my replacement I have chatted multiple times with them, I have called several times with the support people and I get the same answer that I have to wait for an email with the shipping information. How much longer do I have to wait? clearly I have been scammed! Be careful everyone! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You haven’t been scammed.  Sonos is a billion dollar a year corporation which has been around almost 2 decades.  You don’t become that by scamming your customers.  However, there is a worldwide chip shortage and a supply chain problem which makes the manufacturing and/or shipping of electronics a crapshoot at best.  So settle down, be patient, and get back to reality.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

A billion dollar a year corporation should have enough employees to send out at least an email indicating they will ship my product that I rightfully paid for, and not have the customer wait over three weeks for something that they said they would send out. There is no shortage of anything here the product is available and trust me I have dealt with many other companies and nobody has ever given me this treatment of “keep waiting” I have had my fair share of defective products that other major companies have come through immediately and  actually shipped out the new product, while they wait until I ship the defective one back. So please don’t tell me to be patient because the reality of a billion dollar corporation as you put it should have better customer service period.
Have a nice day 

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

While I completely understand the frustration, and since the Roam is in stock currently, I would expect better service than 3 weeks for a return and replace.  However, going on the community forum to complain about it, attempting to damage the companies reputation as some sort of retaliation effort, doesn’t seem very productive to me.  If you intend this to be some sort of public service announcement, probably would have done better with a less emotional response, IMO.  And it does seem a little strange as a PSA since the vast majority of people are not going to need to worry about return and replacement products.

For what it’s worth, my experience with customer service has been great, but rather limited, and several years ago.  Never had a faulty product issue before.

Just go on their official Instagram, I’m not the only one complaining, something must be done about this and I’m just making people aware of the situation. I’m glad you haven’t had any issues but if you ever do…. Good luck!