Beam and Sub combo .... wow.

• 13 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I bought a Beam a few weeks back to go with my new OLED and thought it wasn't quite punchy enough so I added the Sonos Sub to the mix and Trueplayed it yesterday. The result is excellent and am extremely happy with the products.

I now get the product and what it is and isn't and why it's configured the way it is.

The system is deceptively loud when cranked a bit and does exactly what it's supposed to do perfectly.

Streaming music is a new concept to me .... im an old guy🆒 .... but now have my pc library linked to Sonos and about 20 tunein stations Fav. Wife is getting in on the act and setting up her stuff as well and i've been ripping my CD collection so we can turf our stereo and go 100% Sonos. Have over 200 vinyl albums we havn't played in 12 years and might use em as wallpaper actually.

I can see a few Sonos Ones in our future and will recommend them to anyone.

Thanks Sonos

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Just_Westy. Happy to hear that you are pleased with your new setup! We have a wallpaper of vinyls in our office reception, too! Should you require any assistance at any point, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You start with one Sonos unit, get a second and then they mate and are all over the house 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Have over 200 vinyl albums we havn't played in 12 years and might use em as wallpaper actually.

Nooooo! Get a Connect and listen to them through your Beam and Sub! As long as you have a turntable with a pre-amp built in, you can just connect that to the Audio In of the connect send that signal to the Beam+Sub!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Have over 200 vinyl albums we havn't played in 12 years and might use em as wallpaper actually.

Nooooo! Get a Connect and listen to them through your Beam and Sub! As long as you have a turntable with a pre-amp built in, you can just connect that to the Audio In of the connect send that signal to the Beam+Sub!

Thinking about it but the truth is we have plenty of CD's that I have been ripping sure havn't got all albums but can only listen to so much content.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I bought a Beam a few weeks back to go with my new OLED and thought it wasn't quite punchy enough so I added the Sonos Sub to the mix and Trueplayed it yesterday. The result is excellent and am extremely happy with the products.

I now get the product and what it is and isn't and why it's configured the way it is.

The system is deceptively loud when cranked a bit and does exactly what it's supposed to do perfectly.

Streaming music is a new concept to me .... im an old guy🆒 .... but now have my pc library linked to Sonos and about 20 tunein stations Fav. Wife is getting in on the act and setting up her stuff as well and i've been ripping my CD collection so we can turf our stereo and go 100% Sonos. Have over 200 vinyl albums we havn't played in 12 years and might use em as wallpaper actually.

I can see a few Sonos Ones in our future and will recommend them to anyone.

Thanks Sonos

How big is your living area where your Beam and sub are set up? Thinking to add sub too for my current configuration of Beam and 2 play 3s but bit unsure as it is not a large area so Beam, Sub and 2 play 3s a bit too much?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
We sit exactly 3m away from tv and that room is about 9 x 4. Sub and beam fills the room nicely. Only you can answer the question regarding the subs suitability for your room. For us we like the 3.1 setup and won't be adding to it. Will get another couple of Sonus speakers for other rooms though.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks for the reply 🙂 yea will need to think further regarding the sub