Bad Sonos service in Portugal

• 3 March 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I just bought the Sonos Move from El Corte Ingles in Lisbon were no information was provided about the limitations of Sonos in Portugal, namely that Google Assistant and Alexa were not available. Bad consumer information, also from Sonos, since those limitations were not stated in the box or even in the website that promotes the product.

Not sure why Sonos is discriminating Portugal and portuguese consumers, but for me that’s enough. I’m returning Sonos Move and ask my money back. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Greetings,

We'd love to bring Sonos to all countries, as well as Alexa support for Sonos. We’re working with Amazon on their Alexa expansion plans, and for that matter, with Google on theirs with Assistant, to bring voice control to Sonos everywhere we can.

The Google Assistant is available on Sonos in the countries listed in this link. You'll also find a list of countries where the Google Assistant will be supported on Sonos soon. We can let you know when the Google Assistant on Sonos is available in your country.

Notify Me

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does Google Assistant work in Portugese? If so, you can change your country of residence in your account details on the Sonos website to a country that does support GA and it’ll work in Portugese too. If GA does not work in Portugese you can set another language.