bad costumer service

I am very dissatisfied with the treatment that Sonos gave me.  How is it possible that the most recent speaker that I acquired from Sonos from one moment to another stops working.  Sonos is a brand that supposedly prints quality in its equipment and that is why its speakers are expensive, however, a subwoofer with only two years of light use died from one moment to another.  Even worse is the fact that they do not offer an alternative to their clients when it comes to this type of inconvenience.  I am a customer with 5 speakers who intended to continue adding speakers to the system but with what just happened to me I will opt to resell the system as there is no point in having a good sound system if the company behind it doesn't care for your customers.  very bad sound

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes, I’m sure it’s why some folk opt to take out extended warranty insurance-cover to protect their electronic devices for some years beyond the manufacturers warranty period, but there’s often repairers for Sonos and other electronic products who advertise locally in some areas and also online, so maybe explore those avenues, if you did not choose to get the extended cover.

If SUB cuts out briefly, I’d suspect some sort of network issue, rather than a hardware failure. Have you worked with SONOS support?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ken are you just a plant?  All you do is fanboy respond to post in these forums.  

I’m of the opinion he’s attempting to present a balanced and thoughtful counterpoint to the rage often posted in these forums. 

Ken are you just a plant?  All you do is fanboy respond to post in these forums.  

Why do some folk choose to pay for extended warranty cover and others don’t, but perhaps still hope to get their devices replaced outside of the manufacturers warranty. Is that what you are really asking here?

I’m just trying to highlight that there is/was an answer to the OP’s dilemma, particularly going forward and that is to provide cover for goods purchased for the length of time that they expect them to last.

I’ve expressed my view before in the community here, with regard to all my own purchases of many electrical items for personal and Home use - I would hope each item to last for 5 years from purchase and so I tend to find ‘cover’ for many of my own purchased goods for that period and afterwards (if still functioning) then in quite a few cases they get passed onto my two children, or the grandchildren if they want them that is.

If I didn’t pay and extend their warranty, I would not expect a manufacturer to pickup the tab outside their own stated guaranteed warranty. 

It’s also just a pity I am not allowed to express my own ‘genuine’ customer viewpoint here without being (personally) attacked and ‘called out’ in front of others as a ‘plant’ or ‘fanboy’. This is now the second time you’ve chosen to do that @mattmik. I guess that’s because my viewpoint is somewhat different to yours, but hopefully the views I’ve expressed here are balanced and just as valid as the next person.

In general, I’m not a fan of extended warranties. Essentially the customer is betting that the unit will break and the extended warranty provider is betting that the item does not break. The warranty company has the advantage of data from many users and can price their offering to make a profit. Modern electronics is very reliable and not likely to need service within the extended warranty period. Of course Mother Nature is never fair and even if 99.9% of device ‘A’ will not fail within the extended period, it’s always annoying if you are in that 0.1%. All considered, I feel that I’ve made a profit over the years by avoiding extended warranties.

I have made exceptions for work related laptops because there are unusual risks as the laptop is out and about and there is usually some sort of rapid service arrangement associated with the service contract. This rapid service alone is worth the price of the contract. Typically, it’s same day service and this is valuable for a work related laptop.