Automatic adjust volume

• 31 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi SONOS,
When I change music source (from TV to music or radio) I always have to adjust the volume, which means that my ears often get blown away. My idea is for SONOS to automatically remember the last volume level for the different sources (TV, Spotify, Radio) and automatically adjusted to this level when the source is changed. I believe that it is rather easy to program/implement.

Anything I missed? (I already have set alarms in the morning to always adjust the starting volume, but this is not what im looking for :-)).

- Peace.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This is a common request, although it's usually stated as just default volume between TV and music sources. Related, people want to have a different volume setting for the Alexa and Google voice services.

Your alarm method is a good way of adjusting the volume. Others have created smart routines that just set the volume without playing anything, but that's not quite the same as what people really want.

I don't know that it's really as easy as it may appear on the surface. Many of the older sonos models, have very limited memory and processing power by modern standards. Perhaps a feature like this can be added to the newer models only, but that surely would complicate things.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, @gvg8660!

I'm happy to pass this topic along to the team for consideration and feedback. Thanks.
This is a common request, although it's usually stated as just default volume between TV and music sources. Related, people want to have a different volume setting for the Alexa and Google voice services.

Your alarm method is a good way of adjusting the volume. Others have created smart routines that just set the volume without playing anything, but that's not quite the same as what people really want.

I don't know that it's really as easy as it may appear on the surface. Many of the older sonos models, have very limited memory and processing power by modern standards. Perhaps a feature like this can be added to the newer models only, but that surely would complicate things.

Thanks. I see what you mean.

Have a good one