Answered

Are you guys being sabotaged or is sonos now just a dumb company in a smartphone world?

• 14 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Stupidly I decided to get rid of the annoying update icon in the Sonos app. The result is a broken home theatre setup. After spending a whole day of reading support and trying every possible scenario to get my setup working again the only noise coming from my sonos is silence. Does sonos do buy backs? I would like to add my frustrations with the other community members here. Sonos have broken my trust after singing nothing but praise about the simplicity of the setup and quality. 31 October 2018 is my deadline for a software update, after that I am going to rubbish sonos in every shape and from known to the internet world.
icon

Best answer by Becoming a sonos Hater 23 October 2018, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Oh boy, an "or the bunny gets it" thread. How original. :8
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, Becoming a sonos Hater. Welcome to the community. I appreciate your frustration, though there are plenty here willing to help. Could you please tell us what the exact nature of your issue is? It seems that if your system has been rendered unusable since having run an update, there may be an underlying communication problem that needs our attention. In any case, we are happy to help. Please submit a diagnostic and provide the confirmation number, this way we can identify the precise cause of the issue and offer resolution. Many thanks in advance.
Hi Edward
Thank you for your willingness to help out. My diagnostics number is 353282976. (I was under the impression that it is all linked to my email and sonos would have access / received previous submissions). The issue at hand is that I can not add my 2x Play1 as surround sound to my Playbase. (It was working like a charm from the minute I purchased the speakers up until recently). I will upload screenshots from the app error messages that I took trying to resolve the issue. I can get the playbase to work on its own wireless and wired (router is next to tv) and can get the 2x Play1 to work on their own wirelessly (as a seperate room) I also grouped the rooms to get a stereo set up, but it does not sound right - the sound from the TV. I should also mention the content I am playing is from Apple tv Dolby atmos compatible, so stereo sound should be no issue. After many failed attempts, I decided to reset all the speakers and router (Netgear Nighthawk 7000v2) and start a fresh as If I have just bought the items. The strange thing is when I start with the Play:1 and want to add the Playbase I can only add the Playbase as a wired speaker. When I start with the Playbase it works wirelessly by itself but unable to add surround sound. My current setup is wired Playbase connected to router. and Play1's nicely engineered ornaments gathering dust. I hope you can visualise what I am trying to write. Please let me know if anything does not make sense. Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Edward
Thank you for your willingness to help out. My diagnostics number is 353282976. (I was under the impression that it is all linked to my email and sonos would have access / received previous submissions). The issue at hand is that I can not add my 2x Play1 as surround sound to my Playbase. (It was working like a charm from the minute I purchased the speakers up until recently). I will upload screenshots from the app error messages that I took trying to resolve the issue. I can get the playbase to work on its own wireless and wired (router is next to tv) and can get the 2x Play1 to work on their own wirelessly (as a seperate room) I also grouped the rooms to get a stereo set up, but it does not sound right - the sound from the TV. I should also mention the content I am playing is from Apple tv Dolby atmos compatible, so stereo sound should be no issue. After many failed attempts, I decided to reset all the speakers and router (Netgear Nighthawk 7000v2) and start a fresh as If I have just bought the items. The strange thing is when I start with the Play:1 and want to add the Playbase I can only add the Playbase as a wired speaker. When I start with the Playbase it works wirelessly by itself but unable to add surround sound. My current setup is wired Playbase connected to router. and Play1's nicely engineered ornaments gathering dust. I hope you can visualise what I am trying to write. Please let me know if anything does not make sense. Cheers

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. There appears to be an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. This is why the rears won't connect properly when setting up the surround system. It would be best to work with out phone team on this issue. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
Hi Community

I would like to place this post @ the top of the discussion.

Result: It was a hardware failure in the Playbase (it just happen to fail when software was updated). I had to go through a simple process for Sonos to replace the Playbase. I have now received a brand new or refurbished (can't tell the difference) and all is well and enjoying glorious surround sound again. [The anger arose because we invited friends over for a movie, and the next day I cancelled a friendly tennis game, because I was not going to let the sonos error beat me after the software update] - It would be good to know and I believe would cause copious amounts of less frustration if the Sonos app can let you know if it is a hardware failure. They were able to immediately tell me when I called gave them the diagnostic report number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Glad they got it replaced for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos does offer 24x7 support via their Twitter and I think Facebook accounts. Send a diagnostic and contact them with the number and if it is an issue like yours it should be quick to sort out. The forum doesn't really make it clear that there is only a Sonos presence here part time and responses from Sonos can be slow to arrive.

Still it would be great if the apps could pop up a notice that there was an issue with a brief description and a code to pass to Sonos support.