Answered

Are there any censor free forums to be able to discuss issues with Sonos products or policies

• 12 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have noted that Sonos removes posts and topics on subjects, products and policies it would rather not seen discussed. Are there any other forums that are not policed by the Sonos speech police?

icon

Best answer by James L. 12 March 2021, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That is very strange, I’ve been here for years and only seen minor edits to some posts to change the words used to meet the community standards. They do remove spam posts though.

Can you post any examples of posts that Sonos has removed?

I’ve seen a Reddit Sonos forum in the past, but found it of little use as the folks there have no access to Sonos internal data that is needed to help many users.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have noted that Sonos removes posts and topics on subjects, products and policies it would rather not seen discussed. Are there any other forums that are not policed by the Sonos speech police?

As Stanley suggests https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos

is pretty active.

That is very strange, I’ve been here for years and only seen minor edits to some posts to change the words used to meet the community standards.

I agree; and I have not held back from criticising Sonos very strongly when I felt strongly enough about some of their antics - I have seen no tampering with such threads/posts.

The original post is so far from the truth I suspect a troll. It would not take long to find dozens of threads with criticism of Sonos, ranging from justified to ridiculous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

From their posting history, the OP has been totally silent on here for the last three years, and before that was focused on the CR100. Curious thread to start after that.

Badge +17

As others have pointed out, we’re open to discuss pretty much anything Sonos related as long as it doesn’t break the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up to the community. If you’ve had a thread or comment removed and you want to know why, you can always DM a Sonos Staff member, and we’ll be happy to discuss this with you and clarify things.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

From their posting history, the OP has been totally silent on here for the last three years, and before that was focused on the CR100. Curious thread to start after that.

OP probably had some CR100 related outrage posts deleted 3 years ago and just realized :face_palm_tone3:

OP probably had some CR100 related outrage posts deleted 3 years ago and just realized :face_palm_tone3:

Probably the ones that likened the loss of the CR100 to the murder of a loved one. Or being forced into taking someone off life support.  Or Nazi atrocities.

Yes, all three of those were posted, and the posters were dead serious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The spouse didn’t go that far but the loss of the CR-100 hit some folks pretty hard.

I did see one spam post deleted today.