Answered

App/Software Updates

It’s been a month since I installed my SONOS port, installation was fairly easy. 

My problem is with your app/software updates. After updating my IOS app, I was unable to connect to my port. It had been disconnected and had to reinstall it.

If I have to go through this every time there’s an update, I might as well return it to the store.

P.S. Instead of sending email advertisement, perhaps a notice that a software update is available would more appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 July 2021, 19:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sounds like after the update your router perhaps failed to let the ‘Port’ have an IP address or assigned it a duplicate IP address. A simple power on/off of the router would have likely resolved the matter, or sometimes a short ‘wait’ period may bring the devices back online.

I once had a problematic router that had IP address issues with Apple Airplay devices and in that case I had to reboot the router. It was fixed with static IP addressing on the devices.

If your router proves to be problematic with Sonos, then perhaps try reserving the Sonos IP address in your routers DHCP reservation table, as that usually will highly likely help to resolve such matters. 

Thanks for the reply, I’ll try that.