Anyone else getting SPAM private messages?

• 2 November 2017
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I've only been with this community for about 3 weeks, and now I'm getting SPAM private messages. Not cool. Doesn't Sonos monitor this stuff? Just curious.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Yes, it was noticed by the mods and the culprit has been banned.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Cool. Thank you, jgatie!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Ok, I kinda have to disagree. The "user" that sent me the SPAM is still part of this community--not banned.
Ok, I kinda have to disagree. The "user" that sent me the SPAM is still part of this community--not banned.

They may still be here in name, but they are banned from any activity.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

They may still be here in name, but they are banned from any activity.

I can confirm, though if you think there's another user with the same activity, please feel free to send me their username and I'll take a look.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I just assumed that if someone is "banned", then they'd no longer have an account on here. I can click on the user name and send a message to them if I wanted to. It's not THAT big of a deal, but something I didn't expect to encounter. Also, there's no way to delete private messages? I don't see an option to get rid of the SPAM message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
All spam messages and trace of that member have been removed as of now. You shouldn't need to see that spam message anymore.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Just a heads up on this - I got some spam today:

"I'm Sgt Laura Ralph from USA Email me right now at ( sergeantlauraralph7@gmail.com ) I have something very important to discuss with you there ok."
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Alex. We've already banned the user and are looking into if we can remove those messages from them. Naturally, we don't recommend replying to that email.
Doesn't Sonos monitor this stuff? Just curious.

There have been exactly 3 spam PMs in the past two years. They’ve been reported, and the spammers removed within hours each time. Does this answer your question?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
As of now, these spam messages should be fully removed from your inboxes.