"An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue (1002)"

• 27 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hello. I've been using Sonos to to play Apple Music playlists well above 500 songs for several weeks now and just this afternoon got this dreaded message with no ability to listen. I see this has been discussed quite a bit but each thread has been closed and I'm unsure if there's a fix. If it's a known issue I'd certainly hope there is a fix. Can someone please advise? Thanks kindly.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, dinky_doo. Welcome to the community. Not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Many thanks in advance.
Badge
Thanks Robert! Confirmation number is 1404069923. A little more info here: I am indeed able to play large playlists created in Apple Music (not music I've uploaded from my own library). When I got this error message I moved on from that playlist with 1.5k songs and played one with 800+ songs without issue via the same spot in my home. I absolutely need the ability to play large (2k+) playlists via Apple, Spotify, Amazon, Google, etc, or this is a total bust. Please let me know next steps. Appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Your controller will typically display such an error message if a loading operation takes more than 15 seconds. With playlists from online services, loading times will exceed this quite easily. Some services struggle to load 2000 tracks in that time.That aside, if you are attempting to complete this process on the Living Room device, I fear the interference present on it may not be helping matters. Is there a device that has been placed in its vicinity fairly recently?
Badge
Hi agin. I got back to you so quickly - having just rolled outta bed, pre-coffee - that I referred to you as Robert! Apologies! Yikes.

While I understand the loading issues, I'm not quite sure what you're asking with regards to the Living Room device, any interference, and your question about a device placed in it's vicinity. Would it be better for me to call & speak with you or someone else on the team? I'd like to know if Sonos is going to be a good fit for me and serve my purposes. Please advise. Thank you EDWARD!
Really, it's a Sonos issue, not a music service issue. This is effectively a throttle on their end.