Always room for improvement

• 27 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have recently purchased an Arc for my new TV and am impressed with the sound. So much so that I also purchased 2 subs, and 2 surrounds and it sounds even better now. Having said that, there are some shortcomings.

I subscribe to Qobuz which has music at 24 bit 192 khz. Currently the max I can get out of my Sonos setup is capped at 48 khz. I would like to be able to listen at the best quality Qobuz offers. I also noticed that Bluesound has products that can go that high. I hope this can be remedied by a simple software update or by some other means. If local wireless bandwidth is a concern, perhaps give the option for the highest quality to those of us that have gigabit ethernet networks and wire their Sonos products, myself included.

In addition to the above, the user experience when using the Sonos controllers to play Qobuz is severely lacking in features and information available on the Qobuz app. I think the better option would be to switch this to direct control from the Qobuz app similarly to Amazon Music or Tidal. Right now there is much information that is not available on the Sonos controller that is on the Qobuz app and I find myself having to switch between them. I do not know what the situation is with regards to this issue and Bluesound but am currently researching.

I hope that Sonos can implement these improvements for a better user experience and to facilitate their customers to take full advantage of services offering higher than 48 khz.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I hope that Sonos can implement these improvements for a better user experience and to facilitate their customers to take full advantage of services offering higher than 48 khz.

Just out of curiosity, why?