Answered

Airplay to a stereo pair

• 7 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

Forgive me if this feature request has already been submitted, but I’d really love the ability to stream Airplay to a stereo pair of Sonos devices (One, Five, Roam, Move) and hear it come out of both speakers in stereo. If this is an Airplay limitation, I understand.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 October 2021, 22:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Streaming stereo audio to a stereo pair of Sonos devices over AirPlay is already supported.

Badge +2

Streaming stereo audio to a stereo pair of Sonos devices over AirPlay is already supported.

Thank you. After releasing my hair out for a month I realized that the issue revolved around using my modem/router’s 5ghz connection with my Roams. I worked with Sonos Support on this for over 2 hrs and one day, as I’m about to pack the Roams up to future, I figured I’d FR them and have them join the 2.4ghz network (which we only have for our smart home iot devices anyway) and I’ve had no issues since. We can finally stereo pair them and playing them in sync as standalone units!