Ads are getting me mad

• 11 May 2021
  • 4 replies

I deeply want to get rid of those terribly annoying ads that strongly affects my consideration for Sonos. 
I just can’t understand why Sonos tolerates such invasive behaviour from their partner. I pay for Spotify and YouTube music and I still get useless and untargeted stupid ads from TuneIn radio. I have no other choices to listen to my local radio. No comments among the numerous amount of post I read found THE solution to this real plague. :rage:

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You pay $0.00 for TuneIn, somehow has to pay for their service and ads are the Anerican Way of paying for “free” stuff.

If you want to stream a station directly, get its direct stream url and add that to your Sonos system, skipping TuneIn.

Streaming directly?... This isn’t possible. I’m sure you already know I cannot bypass the TuneIn monopoly. Their business strategy is to take over the small markets by offering local radios on all available platforms. And to diffuse ads. Don’t throw at me the argument of paying for free stuff, I’m willing to pay to get rid of them. If only I could. That’s the core of the problem, not having the choice of getting rid of that “on-air” pollution that I thought Sonos would be helping me with.

Streaming directly?... This isn’t possible. I’m sure you already know I cannot bypass the TuneIn monopoly. Their business strategy is to take over the small markets by offering local radios on all available platforms. And to diffuse ads. Don’t throw at me the argument of paying for free stuff, I’m willing to pay to get rid of them. If only I could. That’s the core of the problem, not having the choice of getting rid of that “on-air” pollution that I thought Sonos would be helping me with.

So if you want the radio stations to bypass TuneIn through paid subscription, or TuneIn to offer a paid subscription model, why are you complaining to Sonos about it?    Are you wanting Sonos to lobby TuneIn on your behalf, or try and create there own service that bypasses TuneIn and gives you a paid subscription avenue to these radio stations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Huh? “bypassing the monopoly” is usually trivial. Give me the name of the station and I’ll lookup the url that you don’t seem to want to do yourself.