Question

A huge step backward--what are you guys thinking?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Is the new community your idea of an improvement? It is anything but an improvement. Several important threads I started have lost content. When I try and type a response, I can't see the entire response I am creating--it only allows me to see a couple of lines at a time.

I am a long-time Sonos user, and I feel that I have been slapped in the face. Sonos no longer has my endorsement.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

280 replies

Oops. Didn't see Ryan's post because the email alert didn't take me to the right place lol. Never mind.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, I know this is a hot topic, but let's try to keep the spam discussion in the spam thread. We're working on it and have recently implemented a number of things to help with this, some more effective than others. And there are more to come. We'll be updating that thread shortly too.
"Question: ------| Trump |Windows 10 Help Desk Number 1.888.269.0130 Windows 10 Tech Support Phone Number
5 minutes ago ‐ 0 Comments"

Blame it on The Donald, lol.
Four spam posts now, and the link in Ratty''s post now points, incorrectly, to your newest post. ROFL.
I am disappointed to see even one spam post - because more can easily follow.

Till now today, it looked to be a closed chapter, but no...
Well, at least there's only one spam post at the moment, so maybe InSided has finally done something. Sad that they have to break links to fix spam, just highlights the immaturity of their software.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The last 2 e-mail notifications I got for this thread I tried to open on my iPad and got a Page Not Found error.

Get the same on my PC via IE. As ratty says the link supplied in the mail is incorrect:-

https://en.community.sonos.com/new-community-feedback-229090/a-huge-step-backward-what-are-you-guys-thinking-6730677/index12.html#post16061004

Page index is incorrect
And here we have another thread where post links are starting to break. Click on chicks' link top right of his post and the post displays correctly. Click on Kumar's link directly above this post and you get
Page not found
The page you are looking for may have been removed, is temporarily unavailable, or has had its name changed.

This platform appears to be rotting.

The reason it breaks is that Kumar's link redirects to https://en.community.sonos.com/new-community-feedback-229090/a-huge-step-backward-what-are-you-guys-thinking-6730677/index12.html#post16060969 and it's not actually on page 12. The pagination is wrong.
Was that so? I have just logged on and no spam in sight again, so I thought I will say Bravo, with a slight reservation about it perhaps being premature! I did not see any through the course of my yesterday either.
Brand New Day! First time in weeks that the first log in has seen zero spam! Fingers crossed that something effective has finally been done, but I will reserve kudos.

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. They must have just done a manual cleanup when you checked, because there's plenty of new spam right now. 😞
Speaking of SPAM, I just received that Survey SPAM again.
Brand New Day! First time in weeks that the first log in has seen zero spam! Fingers crossed that something effective has finally been done, but I will reserve kudos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I've tweeted them too. Such incompetance it is truely unbelievable.
A screenshot to show him it's been circumvented, assuming InSided actually put anything in place, which I doubt.

lol. You really think he looks at this board? If he did his responses to Kumar would be way different.
A screenshot to show him it's been circumvented, assuming InSided actually put anything in place, which I doubt.

I did suggest a beginning to end read of this year long thread...and the spam one.
Better yet does he care? Ask him to log in here, then close his browser. Come back a few hours later and try to reply to something. Silly thing prompts to log in again even though 'remember me' is checked AND it says my name and shows my avatar at the top.
And yes, the spam must certainly account for at least a good portion of the 10X traffic boost. Does he not know this?
Send him a screenshot of all the current spam. Doubt he visits the forum... er, community, at all
You say circumnavigate,
I say circumvent,
Let's call the whole thing off
He must have meant to say circumvented...
But he did say circumnavigated...I just now rechecked the mail to make sure I did not mistype:-)
Lol
Maybe they prepared for circumnavigation, but instead the spammers circumvented.
They have been circumvented, plenty of spam at the moment. ..
He must have meant to say circumvented...