Question

A huge step backward--what are you guys thinking?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Is the new community your idea of an improvement? It is anything but an improvement. Several important threads I started have lost content. When I try and type a response, I can't see the entire response I am creating--it only allows me to see a couple of lines at a time.

I am a long-time Sonos user, and I feel that I have been slapped in the face. Sonos no longer has my endorsement.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

280 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I like the new community. The desktop website is definitely less buggy than the mobile version right now.
Were the replies in those threads posted after Sunday? (I have noticed the two line bug on mobile too and it's pretty annoying)

Also this community is new so content is still being moved over and bugs are still being fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your not endorsing Sonos because of a user forum not being as user friendly as you liked... that is a new one. I am still under the impression it is a home audio system company.

It is a work in process obviously and there is content that is still filtering in. It has been up now for only a few hours and they are still migrating old posts - trying to tie together 2 different forums.

IF you have important threads you have concerns about I'm sure if you explain here the Sonos guys will do their best to get them back to how they belong.

I too do not find the mobile version very user friendly. Hey may cut down my post count while out and about. But as far as serious questions or concerns as far as a user having issues with their system I'm not sure the mobile app is necessary.
SO MUCH WHITE SPACE! another web site to help me go blind.
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I was in the middle of an important trouble-shooting discussion, and most of it is gone. If the migration had not completed, why release the sit to users?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I was in the middle of an important trouble-shooting discussion, and most of it is gone. If the migration had not completed, why release the sit to users?
SONOS warned users that posts after Sunday 2nd would not get migrated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Unfortunately the way we were able to get all of the topics moved over here we knew we were going to lose some of the replies and tried to make sure that message was spread around.

I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot your system if you're having trouble Austin, or to get you setup to work with a technician over the phone to get it resolved quickly. Why don't you PM me or create a new thread (if one exists just point me in the right direction) and I'll be happy to assist.

We're still making some adjustments to the site, and would love to get your feedback in this section of the forum, so if you have any specific suggestions or notes please share.
SO MUCH WHITE SPACE! another web site to help me go blind.
LOL. I think I agree, particularly if used late at night with no lights on.
Didn't want to start a new thread for this - in forums under General discussion I had started a thread of recommended music. Where is that now? And under my profile how do I see all threads I have started here? I could do that in forums, can I do that here?
Also, how come I am still "Novice"? Not that it particularly matters, but perhaps different criteria followed for ask and forum members?!
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Didn't want to start a new thread for this - in forums under General discussion I had started a thread of recommended music. Where is that now?

They are sorting threads that were posted to General Discussion and they will appear in the appropriate forum over the next few days.

And under my profile how do I see all threads I have started here? I could do that in forums, can I do that here?
On your profile page, click the number next to topics and it will show you a summary of your threads
Badge
I gotta agree. Something about the look or structure of it just isn't very inviting. Hard to look at.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Night Mode Eye Guard makes it easier on the eyes. I'm sure that alternatives exist for Chrome and Safari. Unfortunately the website still shows up white for half a second after a refresh.
Didn't want to start a new thread for this - in forums under General discussion I had started a thread of recommended music. Where is that now?

They are sorting threads that were posted to General Discussion and they will appear in the appropriate forum over the next few days.

And under my profile how do I see all threads I have started here? I could do that in forums, can I do that here?
On your profile page, click the number next to topics and it will show you a summary of your threads

Thank you, I found the topics thing, though I am quite sure I have started a lot more threads than the 25 shown over there.

This isn't a question to you but to Sonos - is there a date by which this sorting will be done? I am surprised that it is a work in progress given the advance nature of this move, and the fact that you have also taken the benefit of leaving a three day hole in forum activity for the migration.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Thank you, I found the topics thing, though I am quite sure I have started a lot more threads than the 25 shown over there.
Says that you've created 64 threads for me.
[quote=Kumar]

The number next to topics shows 64, but when I click it, it goes to a page with 25 topics. What am I doing wrong?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The number next to topics shows 64, but when I click it, it goes to a page with 25 topics. What am I doing wrong?

I believe that is a result of the sorting that SONOS needs to do. Some topics (39 in your case) exist as far as the website is concerned, but are not accessible yet.

It has happened with some of my posts too
If 39 out of 64 topics have not been migrated, it doesn't speak well of the migration quality. That standard would not be acceptable inside Sonos if it happened while changing or upgrading email platforms.

I suspect we will hear more of this from others as well, and since this isn't a service we are paying for, we don't have much recourse.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If 39 out of 64 topics have not been migrated, it doesn't speak well of the migration quality. That standard would not be acceptable inside Sonos if it happened while changing or upgrading email platforms.

I suspect we will hear more of this from others as well, and since this isn't a service we are paying for, we don't have much recourse.

Most of those threads I'm sure have been migrated over, but they're unsorted. Our team's going through them and getting them in the right place, but it'll take some time. They have to get put into the proper board so that the community is cleaner. Stick with us, we're working on it.
Yeah, this is very much style over function. The old vBulletin was ugly and outdated looking, but it worked so much better than this! Moving to something like ZenForo would have added the style while keeping the function. Sigh.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Yeah, this is very much style over function. The old vBulletin was ugly and outdated looking, but it worked so much better than this! Moving to something like ZenForo would have added the style while keeping the function. Sigh.

What functions do you feel are missing most that you'd like to see on the community here? I see you've added a few things to the Wish List thread. Let us know what you're missing, we'll see what can be added and what can't. Some features that can't be added now may be available in the future too, so please let us know.

Most of those threads I'm sure have been migrated over, but they're unsorted. Our team's going through them and getting them in the right place, but it'll take some time. They have to get put into the proper board so that the community is cleaner. Stick with us, we're working on it.

I see all 62 threads now, so I have to commend you for that. Perhaps I was too quick on the draw:-), sorry.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hello,

Is there an equivalent to the New Posts in the old Forum which would list all posts/threads updated across all topics.... I used this every time I visited.
See active since last visit under Activities in your profile. But it doesn't take you to the last post of the thread.
[quote=Kumar]

Are you using the mobile platform version?
All 62(! :)) of your threads are linked in the pc based version.
So it appears to be a bug or limitation on the mobile version (?)
62 threads are now visible, see my post above to this effect - and I just noticed that posts aren't numbered!