Answered

Youtube & Youtube Music to Sonos without airplay

• 26 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

I have a strange situation : 

• on my iPad, if I play youtube or youtube music, if I use airplay, I can see my Sonos and stream to it.
  • on my iPad, or Android phone, if I clic on “cast” icon, I see no device connected.

That is not cool, as if I use airplay and close youtube app, the sound stop. And Also I can not use my android phone.

With Sonos APP it works well, but in sonos app I can not add music to my library and playlist. 

How can I manage this to work ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by James L. 27 July 2021, 09:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Gregory.J,

Sonos players do not have Google Cast functionality, which explains why you’re unable to cast from your Android phone directly to the speakers. The only way to send YouTube audio to your Sonos devices would be through Airplay, or playing it on a TV with a home theater device attached.

We do, however, have YouTube Music available directly in the Sonos app. Check out this guide on how to add a music service to Sonos to learn how to do this.

Hello, thanks for your reply, 

I know I already have youtube music in sonos app, 

perhaps, when using youtube music in sonos app, I can not handle to add musics to my playlist or library when I discover new songs.

Hello, no answear ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The answer is to use a different music service that is more fully integrated with Sonos. YTM is famously lacking with its Sonos integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I use Spotify and playlists made for Spotify in the Sonos app also do not work when using Spotify outside of Sonos. Playlists made in Spotify however are also used in the Sonos app. So I do not use the Sonos playlists. I do not know if this also works for YT though.