I got my Sonos Arc, Sub3, OneSL to all connect to my Sony tv and Apple 4K box flawlessly before Christmas.
Earlier this month, I inadvertently allowed the tv to update the Android OS and now I have had nothing but troubles. I haven’t checked all of the various posts but here are my observations and issues
- Connecting the tv and sonos via wifi and the network strength seems healthy
- The tv would switch to the Sonos system at the beginning (1 week ago) and now it can’t even find it (today). Sometimes it would drop the connection.
- I have unplugged everything except my Arc and the TV (eArc port which is hdmi3).
- I can stream music to my speakers from my iPhone
- The app can’t find the tv nor does the tv find the sound system.
- I have unplugged it and switched cables but still not sure.
- If I switch to hdmi 3, I get a picture/pattern similar to the ones you see on the sonos box.
So now I am thinking that there is a bug either in the Android OS or the Sonos S2 app on my iPhone. Not sure what are my next steps. Very annoying and frustrating. I wish there was a better interface setup between the tv and the sono system instead of just relying on the app.