Question

Wishlist: anti-burglar function

• 21 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Since the sonos system is always plugged in and switched on, I'd like to use it as anti-burgler tool. I'd like my sonos system makes noise and plays tv-like-sounds and fake conversations, as someone is in my home. A function that can be activated when I'm not at home. Or at least a way to program radio playing at some hours in the day.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You can use Sonos alarms to play music at various times. You can use many Home Automation systems (but probably not Control4) to play specific tracks that sound like TV or conversation when a motion sensor is triggered. This all exists already.
I did not notice that alarms have a duration. Thank you!
Userlevel 2
Badge
If you're using Amazon Alexa, you can probably get it to do other "smart" things for security. I'm aware that people have integrated IFTT activities for Alexa to trigger actions based on events from other sources.
I have the Samsung SmartThings platform, and can program all sorts of things to play on the Sonos, even based on triggers like a motion sensors, etc. You could record conversations, dog barks, or other sounds to MP3 and then have them programed to play on different speakers whenever you want. Might look into that, the hub can be had for $75 on sale, and you can add pieces as you want.