Answered

Wireless cut outs

i have 2 Play 1 running in my pub and when busy they keep cutting out. The speakers are on the same network as the pubs free wifi so im assuming that is the problem? We also have 2 PDQ machines that are wifi and use the same network.
Would i be better to sat the speakers up via Ethernet instead?
Any help would be much appreciated
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 February 2019, 12:01

I think the clue to this is in your question. You mention that the drop-outs happen when the pub is 'busy'. The customer bodies are likely getting in the way and interfering with the WiFi signal. So my suggestion here is to cable the speakers and get rid of the issues once and for all.

View original

2 replies

I think the clue to this is in your question. You mention that the drop-outs happen when the pub is 'busy'. The customer bodies are likely getting in the way and interfering with the WiFi signal. So my suggestion here is to cable the speakers and get rid of the issues once and for all.
I recommend you set the speakers up with an Ethernet connection.

When your pub is busy it's full of bags of water, in the shape of human bodies. Water is a very effective attenuator of 2.4GHz WiFi.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings