Answered

Wired Play:1 is on Sonosnet (wm:0) but other speakers still on wifi (wm:1)

• 20 January 2019
  • 8 replies

I thought I had a nice Sonosnet setup going but found that all the speakers except the wired Play:1 are using wifi. What's worse, I cannot get the the other speakers to forget their wifi credentials: even after factory reset they appear as wm:1. Opening the Wireless setup tab in my ios controller just reveals a strange message about wiring a speaker to my router and then changing the router's password (and no, there is no Reset button hiding off-screen somewhere). Tried rebooting the router and all the speakers (in addition to the aforementioned factory reset).
How can I get my other three speakers to join the Sonosnet network?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 January 2019, 02:18

You may have made a mess with the factory reset, sadly, that is the usual result of using it.

Maybe power off the speakers you factory reset and hook an Ethernet to one of the remaining speakers?

If nothing else Sonos support is open here: https://twitter.com/sonossupport
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You may have made a mess with the factory reset, sadly, that is the usual result of using it.

Maybe power off the speakers you factory reset and hook an Ethernet to one of the remaining speakers?

If nothing else Sonos support is open here: https://twitter.com/sonossupport
I have quite the same problem: I am using one Amp and two Sonos one. I used to have them in a wired setup (the amp is connected to the router via ethernet), then at some timte the amp crashed and I had to pull the power plug. After that only the Amp shows WM:0 in the app, the two Sonos One are connected via WM:1.
---
Opening the Wireless setup tab in my ios controller just reveals a strange message about wiring a speaker to my router and then changing the router's password (and no, there is no Reset button hiding off-screen somewhere)
---
Same for me. But I did not do factory reset. I would like to switch to a wired setup again so the I can reinstall my repeaters...
Are the Ones surround speakers or standalone?

In the Amp Room Settings is wifi enabled or disabled?
The Ones are standalone speakers, WiFi is enabled on the Amp.
OK that is as it should be. If you temporarily disconnect the Ethernet from the Amp, can you still see and use any speakers or does the whole system disappear?
When I disconnect the Ethernet on the Anp, the Amp disappears from the system. The other speakers keep working.
Then the next thing I would try is to temporatily connect one of the Ones by Ethernet, power off the Amp and see if other One connects to SonosNet. Also check in Wireless Setup to see if you now have a reset option.

Give everything a couple of minutes to reconfigure. It may be worth power cycling the wireless One if it doesn't find SonosNet in a couple of minutes
When I connect one of the Ones by Ethernet all three speakers witch to WM:0 - problem solved!