Answered

Will a legacy system be frozen?

• 22 January 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12
  • Enthusiast II
  • 335 replies

So if I decide to stay in unsupported legacy mode how will I be able to administrate my system?

Will I be able to add components? (I might get components from environmental friendly people)

If not what happens if I also need to reset a component? Will that be bricked?

Will there be a legacy controller for all systems?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 January 2020, 14:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Most of your questions have been covered in the Announcements thread.  Summary:

You will still be able to administrate your system.

You will still be able to add new products.

You will still be able to re-add old products.

Controller details have not been stated yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thanks, since it’s over a thousand messages there it’s great to have these details collected separately like this. This sounds a lot like the kind of legacy options some of us wished for when the CR100 was EOL:ed.

Thanks, since it’s over a thousand messages there it’s great to have these details collected separately like this. This sounds a lot like the kind of legacy options some of us wished for when the CR100 was EOL:ed.

Yes, it does.  Ironic, isn’t it?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Truly ironic.

So re-add old products means I can reset those I have but not add others not previously in my system found 2nd hand?

Truly ironic.

So re-add old products means I can reset those I have but not add others not previously in my system found 2nd hand?

Don’t know about that.  Seems they are being purposefully scant on details until May. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Truly ironic.

Don’t know about that.  Seems they are being purposefully scant on details until May. 

OK, I see. We’ll have to wait.

Userlevel 3

Except it’s not accurate! Sonos requires that the same software on all devices in a network.

If you bought a new device on a higher version of software you would not be able to connect it to a legacy that work.

That’s why they’ve said that mixed systems of you and old components cannot be upgraded after may. 

Except it’s not accurate! Sonos requires that the same software on all devices in a network.

If you bought a new device on a higher version of software you would not be able to connect it to a legacy that work.

That’s why they’ve said that mixed systems of you and old components cannot be upgraded after may. 

Except it is accurate.  @Ryan S, can you please testify to the accuracy?

Userlevel 3

What they have said is split your networks so you have 2 Sonos setups. Old and new. 

No details on how that will work. How phone controllers etc will manage which have / automatically get updated.  

What they have said is split your networks so you have 2 Sonos setups. Old and new. 

No details on how that will work. How phone controllers etc will manage which have / automatically get updated.  

You can either do that, or leave them all as a legacy system.  Legacy systems will not get the regular upgrades, but you will be able to add new products. 

Now as I have requested confirmation from @Ryan S, why don’t we wait until he clarifies before escalating this disagreement, OK? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hey guys,  you will be able to add players to a legacy system but we haven’t shared all the details around how this will work yet. 

Userlevel 1

Hey guys,  you will be able to add players to a legacy system but we haven’t shared all the details around how this will work yet. 

Sonos shuld also consider re-adding the CR100 to the legacy version. There are a lot of CR100 out there and a lot of us users wished for a legacy path in 2018. Now it’s here. Now you can fix that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I used to be a CR-100 user but I took the $100 rebate to recycle mine so I’m good with that.

Userlevel 2

Sonos should sell the legacy IP to a support company or make it open source. They have no commercial interest in it, but I would happily subscribe to a support contract to sustain my legacy kit. How about it Sonos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sonos shuld also consider re-adding the CR100 to the legacy version. There are a lot of CR100 out there and a lot of us users wished for a legacy path in 2018. Now it’s here. Now you can fix that!

Yes this!