Answered

Why must I reconfigure every bloody time?

• 30 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Absolutely ridiculous at this point.  I have not been able to use Sonos twice in a row without having to go through the malarkey of unplugging everything, including my router to use this stupid system.  I used to recommend your products frequently, due to ease of use.  How ironic I now intend to start shopping for a new system because of the difficulty of use.

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 30 November 2022, 03:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m not sure what’s going on with your network, but I’ve no difficulty in updating any of the 20 plus speakers I’ve got over the last decade or so. 

If I were you, I’d be figuring out what’s going on. There’s always a minute chance it’s a Sonos issue, but my guess is over 99% of the time, it’s a local problem. 

It just isn’t that difficult of a system to live with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

First thing I’d do is assign all Sonos a static/reserved IP address, power down the Sonos and reboot the router then power up the Sonos.

It may not be your issue but it has impacted a fair number of folks and is easy and quick to take off the potential problems list.