Where oh Where is My Roam? I'm Disappointed in Pre-ordering.

• 20 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Pre-ordered on March 9th - the very second you could do so.  My Roam has been in “preparing to ship” status since last Friday (April 16th).  Unless it comes tomorrow -- which seems unlikely now, barring a shipped email in the next couple of hours, I’ll be a little disappointed in Sonos.  (note that I'm super happy with my Sonos system -- 4 Sonos Ones and a Port thus far).

But based on this experience, what was the point of pre-ordering?  I can literally do curbside pickup tomorrow at a nearby Best Buy and get a Roam tomorrow at 10 AM.   I thought pre-ordering meant you got it ON or BEFORE the release date (not after)?  Technically the release date is in about 4 hours here.

Current status, just checked -- again:

Placed on March 09, 2021

Order Summary

Purchase Subtotal

$169.00

Discount total

$0.00

Est. Shipping.Handling

$0.00

Est. Sales tax

$10.14

Order total

$179.14

Product Quantity Status Total

Sonos Roam US (Black)

Preparing to Ship

$169.00

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @caesar327,

Unfortunately there have been some issues with the website accurately reflecting the status of some pre-orders of Roam. This should have been resolved last night. Please get in touch with our sales team should you need any further information on your Roam order as we’re unable to assist with sales/order related queries here on the community.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @caesar327,

Unfortunately there have been some issues with the website accurately reflecting the status of some pre-orders of Roam. This should have been resolved last night. Please get in touch with our sales team should you need any further information on your Roam order as we’re unable to assist with sales/order related queries here on the community.

No, unfortunately the website was accurate.  It didn’t ship until today.   Grrrr.   What was the point of pre-ordering?  It won’t be here until tomorrow (the 21st) at the earliest.  Why?  I ordered as soon as it was available via pre-order - why wasn’t my order one of the first in line to ship?  I live 2 hours from a Sonos distribution center (the distribution center in Jonestown, PA).   Was it not first in (first orders in, first out)?

The sales team was no help -- they responded to questions with wrong information (such as some people have the Roam already, because they requested overnight shipping).  Nope - that’s not true.  

Badge +17

No, unfortunately the website was accurate.  It didn’t ship until today.   Grrrr.   What was the point of pre-ordering?  It won’t be here until tomorrow (the 21st) at the earliest.  Why?  I ordered as soon as it was available via pre-order - why wasn’t my order one of the first in line to ship?  I live 2 hours from a Sonos distribution center (the distribution center in Jonestown, PA).   Was it not first in (first orders in, first out)?

The sales team was no help -- they responded to questions with wrong information (such as some people have the Roam already, because they requested overnight shipping).  Nope - that’s not true.  

Ah, that’s unfortunate. I’m not completely certain as to why your order didn’t ship until the 20th and I don’t have the information as to the processing order of customer orders. I will definitely feed your comments back to our fulfilment team in the US to hopefully avoid this kind of thing in future as well as your experience with the Sales team. Regardless, I hope you enjoy your Roam when it arrives. Do let us know how you get on with it :slight_smile:

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@caesar327 hope you have got your Roam now.

I should have mine but DHL delivered to the wrong address so I am now having to go through the whole process of persuading them that they delivered to the wrong address - why they have to start with the implication that the customer is wrong I don’t know. So had three phone calls with them already.

I tried to ring Sonos as they have ultimate responsibility but after 14 minutes on hold just when I was due to be next they applied the call centre trick of dropping the line so I tried again and now the wait time was 30 minutes - grr, Sent an email instead, 40 hours later all I have had from Sonos is the Auto acknowledgement. Not expecting Sonos to do anything right now but a human acknowledgement and a “please let us know if you continue to have difficuties obtaining your roam” would have shown some degree of customer service.

I think next time I might just go to JL