Answered

When listening to BBC Radio2/London Gold it keeps flipping and repeating itself

• 31 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi 

In recent months when I listen to BBC Radio 2 or London Gold it regularly flips and repeats itself. This happens a few times every hour and becomes extremely annoying. I reported this problem to Sonos and they said reboot my Router. However, this becomes inpracticable as it happens more than once an hour. Does anyone else have experience of this issue?

icon

Best answer by jacob_7 31 December 2020, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Rebooting your router can sometimes help, but often your Sonos  may need to be unplugged while you reboot the router in order to get all the potential benefits of that rebooting process. 

That being said, the BBC is somewhat famous for not giving much care to third party streaming apps, and their connections to the content, in favor of their own software and server connections. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

There are a few threads on this problem. Not sure about London Gold but it seems most of the issues are with BBC stations. I notice it happening every couple of hours. Not the world's biggest problem but Sonos are definitely aware of it. 

Cheers

I get the same problem. I'll try rebooting with Sonos off.