Answered

When all speakers connected they drop out

• 2 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Your confirmation number is: 1650934861
I have submitted above diagnostics when my speakers are all connected I have 6 plus sub the music will drop out for a few seconds not on all but the odd speaker. Any idea what this can be as annoying me now
Cheers Darren
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 November 2018, 23:05

Try pulling the BRIDGE out of the equation. Unplug it, and plug the ethernet cable into one of your Sonos speakers instead, and see if that helps. There's a known issue with the aging of the power supply on the BRIDGE. If things work fine while a speaker is wired, then you've proven that at least the fault is in the BRIDGE (although you haven't proven it's the power supply). Replacement power supplies are easily purchased on places like Amazon, although if it were me I'd think about upgrading that BRIDGE to a BOOST (which I did in my home).

If it still has a problem, then you've remove that as a possibility, and can continue forward with your discussion with Sonos.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Just so Sonos is aware when they look at your diagnostic, what is the source of the music that you're playing?
Badge +1
I get it when I play through google chrome so I thought it was just that, but tonight it’s happening when I am playing through play bar through tv. Only seems to happen when everything is grouped together
While we wait for Sonos to come take a look, I'm going to hazard a guess that you've got a certain amount of wifi interference. Probably only evidenced when you're using maximum amount of bandwidth on your system by playing to all speakers at the same time.

Beyond the data in the FAQ I've linked, you may want to try putting your Sonos system on SonosNet, which merely requires wiring one of your Sonos devices to your router with an ethernet cable. That will at least pull the Sonos traffic off of your local wifi bandwidth, and put it on a parallel one set up by Sonos.
Badge +1
Hi I use my sonos through the sonos bridge which is wired in to the router
Try pulling the BRIDGE out of the equation. Unplug it, and plug the ethernet cable into one of your Sonos speakers instead, and see if that helps. There's a known issue with the aging of the power supply on the BRIDGE. If things work fine while a speaker is wired, then you've proven that at least the fault is in the BRIDGE (although you haven't proven it's the power supply). Replacement power supplies are easily purchased on places like Amazon, although if it were me I'd think about upgrading that BRIDGE to a BOOST (which I did in my home).

If it still has a problem, then you've remove that as a possibility, and can continue forward with your discussion with Sonos.