What are the Sonance Arcitectural range comparable to with the Sonos range

• 4 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I am currently wiring a new house & are setting up Sonos. Thought I had it sorted & then this Arcitectural range came out. I can’t find anywhere how loud they are. Would they be replacing play 1, 2 or 5’s? They also say to put the rectangle ones at each side of tv for stereo sound. Does that mean they replace the rear or are they extra to the 5.1 system? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I am currently wiring a new house & are setting up Sonos. Thought I had it sorted & then this Arcitectural range came out. I can’t find anywhere how loud they are. Would they be replacing play 1, 2 or 5’s?

I haven't heard an answer to that question. Since they are passive speakers, a lot depends on the amp they are powered by. They are designed to be used with the Sonos amp, and have the same signature as other Sonos speakers so that they will blend in well. I'd be confident in saying they are better than 1s, atleast as good as 3s, but couldn't say how they compared to 5's.

They also say to put the rectangle ones at each side of tv for stereo sound. Does that mean they replace the rear or are they extra to the 5.1 system? Thanks

They are passive speakers, they play the channel of audio assigned to them by whatever amp they are attached to. If their attached to a Sonos amp, then they can be used as front left and right speakers (plus phantom center channel). They can also be bonded with a playbar/playbase/beam/ or 2nd Sonos amp to power the 2 rear channels. Sonos does not support a home theatre setup beyond 5.1 Dolby Digital. And of course, if you're using an non-Sonos amp, then it's up to that amp.

This link has more information about the Sonos amp. https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/introducing-sonos-amp-6812069