Answered

Volume doesn't always return to TV after listening to music with Beam

• 5 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have a Beam, with 2 x Play 3 surrounds and a Sub. If we're listening to music and then decide to watch TV, the TV volume doesn't always switch from music to TV. Sometimes it requires us to turn the TV off and on again or keep switching channels before the sound will switch to TV. Other times it works by increasing/decreasing the volume on the TV remote. I had a PlayBar before the Beam and never had this problem. The Beam is connected via HDMI ARC cable provided with the Beam. Is this a known problem, has anyone heard of a future update to fix this? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Chris 5 December 2018, 13:44

Yes it doesn’t know when your finished olayjng music.

You found the turn tv on off thing.

You can use controller to switch back to tv.

Or you can just say “Alexa turn on tv” which is probably the easiest

Playbar behaves the same way without the alexa option.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes it doesn’t know when your finished olayjng music.

You found the turn tv on off thing.

You can use controller to switch back to tv.

Or you can just say “Alexa turn on tv” which is probably the easiest

Playbar behaves the same way without the alexa option.
We are having the exact same issue, but turning on/off the TV only worked the first time and hasn’t since. Adjusting the volume, channels amd asking Alexa to turn on the TV doesn’t help either AND when I’ve gone to the app on my phone it just says “no music playing” I don’t see an option for switching it to the TV sound... the only thing that DOES work regularly is to unplug the Sonos speaker and use the TV speaker (and then we eventually plug it back in). It’s getting soooooooo frustrating and I’ve begun to question if it’s even worth having. Definitely doesn’t feel worth the $$