Question

Volume control issues

Hi all

Is there a way to get around the bug that different TuneIn radio channels have different volumes with the actual volume setting the same? I own two Play:1's and a Connect:Amp. The other issue: The Connect:Amp speakers do not provide the same volume as the Play:1's when the volume setting is the same. Every morning my alarm starts and the radio starts playing but the volume of the Connect:Amp speakers is incredibly low and the Play:1 volume is perfect :s. Of course I just fix this by turning up the individual volume of the Connect:Amp, but it's quite annoying to always have to do, when it should work by itself in the first place.

Both software and hardware solutions are welcome :)

4 replies

No way for the first idea, content volume is fully up to the source. There are no volume leveling tags on radio streams that I know of.

The volume on your Connect:Amp is fully dependent on the sensitivity rating on the external speakers. The higher the sensitivity rating, the higher the output per watt. Could Sonos offer a way to "trim" the volume to match other units? Could be, but I'm not sure if this is a high priority for their limited development resources.
It probably isn't but I sure would appreciate it ;)
lga1993 wrote:

It probably isn't but I sure would appreciate it ;)

Not something I usually say, but this is one bell/whistle that may not be high on their list, but I'd like to see it. Not that I'm OCD about it, but leveled volume controls actually leveling the volume output makes me happy.
jgatie wrote:

Not that I'm OCD about it, but leveled volume controls actually leveling the volume output makes me happy.

It's not OCD; it is distracting to the extent I no longer make playlists from mixed sources like NAS + Apple Music. The latter always delivers slight lower volume levels and in a shuffled playlist this ends up feeling like sound quality fluctuations. I don't have such a big issue with different sound levels from different models; that can be a one time fix via the individual sliders in group play.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)